POSTECH Commencement Ceremony for the 2022 Academic Year
Friday, February 10, 2023 (10:40 am), POSTECH Gymnasium
|Student Procession||10:20~10:35||Marching order: Department flag bearers → PhDs → Masters → Bachelors
* Students should be seated at the appropriate section designated for each degree.
|Academic Procession||10:35~10:40||Marching order: Mace → Faculty → Executives → Guests → Chairman, President|
|Opening||10:40~10:41||Opening Proclamation||Introduction of guests|
|Pledge of Allegiance||10:41~10:44||Pledge of Allegiance
National Anthem (1st verse)
|Report on Academic Affairs||10:44~10:48||Report on Academic Affairs||Vice President of Academic Affairs|
|President’s Address to the Graduates||10:48~10:53||Commencement Address||President Moo-Hwan Kim|
|Complimentary Address||10:53~10:58||Complimentary Address||Chairman of the Board of Trustees|
|Graduation speech||10:58~11:03||Graduation speech||Israeli Ambassador|
|Conferment of Degrees||11:03~11:43||PhDs → Masters → Bachelors||PhD degree candidates are individually called to the platform and recognized (guided by their advisor).
Master’s and bachelor’s degree candidates are group award.
|Honors and Awards||11:43~11:53||Valedictorian (Founding Chairman’s Award)
Top of the Field (1)
Chang Kun Soo Award
Sung-Kee Chung Award
School of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Convergence Award
Proud Postechian Award
Hogil Kim Award
POSTECH Alumni Association Chairman Award
|Chairman of the Board of Trustees
Chairman of the Hogil Kim Memorial Association
Chairman of the POSTECH Alumni Association
|Student Address||11:53~11:58||Representative of graduates|
|University Song||11:58~12:03||University Song||POSTECH Orchestra|
|Closing Remarks||12:03~12:05||Closing Remarks||Guests and faculty shake hands with graduates before leaving the ceremony hall and move to the place for luncheon.|
- 1) In order to ensure a memorable commencement experience for you and your guests, please gather at the corridor in front of the Student Club Room at the POSTECH Gymnasium in academic regalia by 10:10.
- 2) On-stage photographs of candidates will be taken by a university photographer and uploaded to the university gallery website(http://gallery.postech.ac.kr/)
- 3) Please do not approach the stage area.
- 4) This schedule is subject to change.
2. Gown/Hood Rental
- 1) Pick-up/return hours: Thu, February. 9 – Fri, February. 10, 2023 (5:00 pm)
- 2) Pick-up/return location: POSTECH Cleaners (Basement of Dorm Bldg. 14, Tel. 054-279-2663)
- 3) Rental and laundry fees
– Bachelors : ￦7,000
– Masters (hood included) : ￦14,000
– PhDs (hood included) : ￦20,000
3. Shuttle Bus Service
- Pohang Station (KTX)
|Shuttle||Route||Shuttle Time||Train No.||Route||Train Time|
|POSTECH Shuttle bus||Pohang Station → POSTECH||08:20 ~ 08:50||231||Seoul Station → Pohang Station||05:40~08:07|
|POSTECH Shuttle bus||Pohang Station → POSTECH||09:20 ~ 09:50||233||Seoul Station → Pohang Station||06:45~09:08|
|POSTECH Shuttle bus||POSTECH Admin Bldg. → Pohang Station||15:40 ~ 16:10||248||Pohang Station → Seoul Station||16:23~18:57|
- ※ Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- POSCO International Center
|POSTECH Gymnasium ↔ POSCO International Center||12:20 ~ 12:30||POSTECH Shuttle bus|
4. Contact Information
- TEL: 054-279-9142, 9145
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org