주한네덜란드대사관 – 인턴 채용
주한네덜란드대사관 과학기술부에서 재학생, 휴학생 및 졸업생 인턴을 채용하오니, 관심 있는 학생들의 많은 지원 바랍니다.
Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Seoul, South Korea
Job description: Intern Science & Technology
A. BASIC INFORMATION
The Ministry of Economic Affairs of the Netherlands has stationed Innovation Attaches (IA) in embassies in 12 technologically advanced countries all over the world, including Japan, the USA, Germany and Korea. The IAs stimulate technological cooperation, answer questions and collect information about science, technology and innovation for the Dutch government, Dutch companies, universities and knowledge institutes. The IA in Korea is embedded in the Economic and Commercial Department of the Netherlands embassy.
Because of growing interest in the developments regarding Korea’s R&D and innovation by Dutch government and organizations and the high number of incoming missions, the embassy (located on the 10th floor of the Jeongdong-building near Gwanghwamun station) is looking for an enthusiast intern for a period of 6 months (March – August 2013) to assist the IA-section in its work. The intern would work under the guidance of IA in Korea.
B. TASKS AND EXPECTED RESULTS
Description of tasks:
Research and Networking:
– analyze developments in various technological sectors in Korea;
– pro-actively report in English about interesting developments concerning Korea’s “Growth Engines” such as energy, ICT, chemistry and nanotechnology;
– expand the IAs network with relevant contacts, including high-tech companies, R&D institutes, government agencies and universities.
– prepare itineraries for and facilitate visits of Dutch visitors;
– assist in organizing technology related seminars matchmakings and other events;
– answer questions from Dutch R&D institutes, government agencies and high-tech companies;
– contribute to an enabling working environment through a positive work attitude and pleasant and cooperative behaviour;
– give any ad hoc assistance to other sections of the embassy that may be required;
– work in an open and constructive way with all embassy staff.
Description of expected results:
– English reports/articles about new developments;
– satisfied customers and smoothly running visits;
– good work atmosphere that enables the efficient and productive functioning of the Economic
C. WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Short description of the embassy:
The embassy currently employs six expatriate staff and 17 locally recruited staff, as well as two or three interns. The embassy consists of four sections:
- General and Consular affairs section
- Economic and Commercial section
- Agricultural section
- NFIA (Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency) section.
D. REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB
Knowledge and experience:
– major in an engineering-field combined with an interest in economics (just graduated);
– broad technological knowledge and interest;
– excellent knowledge of both Korean and English.
The following competences are especially important for a successful performance of this job:
– organisational abilities;
– analytical abilities;
– performing independently;
The following qualities are important for a successful performance of this job:
– enthusiastic, pro active attitude to variable tasks and workloads;
– positive work attitude, pleasant and cooperative behaviour, team-player;
– excellent social and communication qualities;
– If you are interested in this position please send your resume with a cover letter to Ms. Heleen Vreugdenhil (H.Vreugdenhil@minbuza.nl) before February 15, 2013.
– Monthly pay is 1,000,000 KRW.