Academic Exchange with the World’s Major Prestigious Universities
- Having concluded academic exchange agreements with 97 universities from 27 countries, POSTECH runs a variety of academic exchange programs – exchange of students and professors, joint research projects and education support for developing countries.
- Through the short-term study abroad system combined with overseas sister universities, the credits acquired from host universities are recognized as official credits.
- A variety of overseas experience programs are in place – Summer Sessions, AEARU Student Camp and the Overseas Exploration Program (including the Bang Dosie World Heritage Exploration Team).
Strengthening English Education for Global Awareness
- Twenty-first century global leaders should retain excellent foreign language skills, as well as specialized major and personality. POSTECH has introduced “English Certification System” to its new students from 2008 in order to provide custom-tailored English education befitting the English level and ability of each individual. In addition, POSTECH Language Education Center opens major foreign language classes including English to improve the foreign language skills of the students, as well as Korean language classes for foreign students.
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS)
- The Integrated Support Center for foreigners, known as International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS), is in place to support foreigners’ campus life including faculty, researchers and students residing on the campus. The center offers a wide range of services for the settlement and general on-campus life of foreign members which includes visa/immigration services.
The First Domestic Bilingual Campus
- To cultivate a foreigner-friendly environment where international members may not feel any linguistic inconvenience, official documents and major events on campus are offered both in Korean and English.